ESA Ozone CCI
G. Stiller, P. Braesicke
BIRA-IASB, KMI-IRM, ULB, DLR, UBR, KNMI,
LATMOS, MeteoSwiss, RAL, FMI, CHALMERS, UofT,
Ozone variability studies by Alexandra Laeng and use of Ozone CCI data to study the QBO by Tobias Kerzenmacher.
ESA Ozone CCI (REKLIM)
The Ozone_cci project is part of the ESA Programme on Global Monitoring of Essential Climate Variables (ECV), better known as the Climate Change Initiative (CCI), initiated in 2010.
The CCI Programme wants to contribute to the data bases collecting Essential Climate Variables (ECV) required by the United Nations Framework Convention of Climate Change (UNFCCC) and the International Panel on Climate Change.
In particular, Ozone_cci will:
- Analyze the needs of the climate research community in terms of Ozone data.
- Adapt the Ozone satellite measurements for their use by the climate research community.
- Use Ozone data available in the ESA Earth observation archive, as well as Ozone data from Third Party Missions (TPM). (TPM data come from instruments owned by other parties than ESA)
Three main product lines will be developed:
- Total ozone from nadir UV backscatter sensors
- Ozone profiles from nadir UV backscatter sensors
- Ozone profiles from limb and occultation sensors